Boy, 8, Killed in Stabbing, Officer Injured
Tuesday evening, police got the call that someone had stabbed Dayquones Hill, 8, multiple times in his home. Detectives say as they were bringing him to the ambulance, Zachariah Williams, 22, stabbed an officer in the cheek with scissors. Witnesses in the apartment say Williams stabbed the child--the son of Williams' girlfriend.
"I'm frustrated, I'm aggravated," says Jacqueline Allen, Zachariah Williams' mother. "This girl's baby is dead, I loved Nicki."
Allen says her son had just been released from the Alachua County jail last week. She says she had taken him to a behavioral clinic where he had been told he was schizophrenic, but because he was an adult, there was nothing the clinic could do.
Officer Todd Bryant has been released from the hospital.
- Former Principal Accused in Stabbing, Hit-and-run
- New Hampshire Shooting Kills Police Chief and Injures Four Officers
- Boy, 4, Nearly Drowns On Disney Cruise Ship
- Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer
- Inmates, officers injured in riot at Suwannee Correctional Institution
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- Summerfield Shooting Kills One Injures Another
- Gainesville crash kills one, injures three
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others
- Pit Bull Attack In Gainesville Kills Dog & Injures Owner