Brush Fire in Eastern Alachua County
The latest fire has already burned 200 acres in eastern Alachua County... and officials say it could take several days to contain it.
The fire is mainly burning near County Road 1474.
The main area engulfed by the fire is a dry swamp... and fire officials say they're trying to contain it there.
"It's very weather dependent. The winds are dying down right now so we're very hopeful we'll have it contained shortly although there will be heavy smoke in the area for quite sometime.
A shelter in Hawthorne has been set up for families who have left their homes.
It's at the Hawthorne United Methodist Church on Southeast 219 Terrace.
And another brush fire has been reported in Southeast Alachua County in the Island Grove Area.
But its another indication of how quickly trouble can come.
- Fifth Case Of Eastern Equine Encephalitis In North Central Florida
- Ways To Prevent Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- Brush Fires
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Brush Fire Update
- Brush Fire in Alachua County
- Brush Fire Prevention
- Bradford/Alachua Brush Fires Update