College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Unveils Budget Proposal
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences presented a draft of its budget proposal should 10% cuts be made. That amounts to $9.3 million.
If that 10% cut were to take place the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders would be closed and about half the faculty and staff of the Religion and Geology departments would be cut.
"These are great departments, they do a lot of good things.They're strong researchers and so we don't want to cut them," saidÂ Paul D'Anieri, Dean of CLAS. "But we can't cut this budget without doing some damage."
Under the draft the cuts would also mean that 66 employees would be laid off. A final proposal will be submitted by April 1, 2009.
- Annual Creativity in Arts and Sciences
- Students show abilities by combining art and science
- College Students Explore Career Options in Science
- New College Campus Sex Offender Search Unveiled on FDLE Website
- GRU Budget Proposal Raises Questions
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- 2012 AC Budget Proposal Prompts Million Dollar Taxing Decision
- City Manager Proposes Balanced Budget
- Proposed GRU Budget Includes "Modest" Rate Hike
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget