The long battle over Charter Amendment one is over. A year ago, Gainesville City Commissioners extended civil rights protections to transgendered people.
Opponents quickly launched an effort to repeal that ordinance and protections for other groups.
But the effort failed.
Elsewhere... the two Gainesville City Commissioners running for re-election kept their jobs.
Jeanna Mastrodicasa has retained her job as city commissioner. She bested four other candidates.
Commissioner Mastrodicasa received 58 percent of the vote. her opponents for the seat of Gainesville City Commission at-large district one received the following percentages: Robert Krames - 25 percent, Tom Cunilio - 6 percent, Richard Selwatch - 6 percent, and James Schlachta - 4 percent.
For the Commission District One seat, incumbent Scherwin Henry got 68 percent of the vote, with Marcia Wimberly getting 32 percent.
- Primary Election Results
- Residents and Candidates Still Waiting on Election Results
- 2008 Election Results
- Alachua Election Results In
- Election Results
- Marsh Supporters Challenge Election Results
- Statewide Election Results
- Columbia County Election Results
- Alachua County Final Election Results
- Levy County Election Results