Former Dunnellon Teacher and Crew Blast Off!
Â Â Â Â Discovery made picture-perfect blast off Sunday night, from Cape Canaveral.
Â Â Â Â STS-119 is on a rendezvous with the International Space Station.
Â Â Â Â During the first launch attempt on Wednesday, hydrogen gas spewed into the air from a vent line connected to Discovery's external fuel tank. Â
Â Â Â Â NASA replaced all the hookups, but never found anything broken.
Â Â Â Â The craft and crew are carry up one last set of solar wings for the Space Station as well as some critical parts for its water-recycling system.Â Â
Â Â Â Â Discovery's mission was intended to last 14 days and include four space-walks, but because of the repeated launch delays, the mission was cut down to 13 days with three space-walks at best.
- Sinkhole Swallows Florida Man: Crews Call Off Search
- North Marion Hoops Staves Off Dunnellon
- Former Teacher Faces More Counts Of Sexual Assault
- Former North Central Florida Teacher Accused of Murder
- Ohio Shooting Hits Home for Former Teacher
- Homeless Shelters Open All Night Long as Arctic Blast Arrives in NCF
- Arctic Blast
- Back To School Blast
- Crews Extinguish Fire At Gainesville Apartment Complex
- GRU Crews Hard At Work Restoring Power