Hot Tubs Stolen at Truck Stop
By Dan Breitwieser, TV 20 News.
Between 6 A.M. and noon Sunday, someone drove off with a trailer transporting more than a dozen hot tubs loaded on a trailer at the Petro Truck Stop in Orange Lake at Exit 368 on I-75.
Marion County Deputies have investigated three similar thefts at the Petro in the last seven months.
The trailer was parked within sight of the tractor which was waiting for repairs in the repair bay when someone drove off with the trailer.
"To walk out and see that something that you're responsible for is no longer there when you left it, it hurts," says truck driver Robert Blanks Jr.
Petro employees refused to allow cameras on their property or make a comment.
Deputies have searched all truck stops in Marion County but have not found the missing trailer or hot tubs. They say there's no telling where the goods are now---being driven halfway across the country or being unloaded in some warehouse to be sold on the black market.
- Hot Tubs Stolen at Truck Stop Follow Up
- 3 Trucks and 2 Mustangs Stolen From Ocala Ford Dealership
- Stolen Stop Signs
- Traffic Stop Yields Stolen Drugs
- Truck Stop Incident Leads To Arrest
- Body Found Behind Truck Stop
- Random Stabbing at Marion County Truck Stop
- Construction underway for Loves Truck Stop and McDonald's in Hawthorne
- "Touch-A-Truck" Entertains Children and Families, Draws Assortment of Trucks
- Pick-Up Truck vs. Dump Truck