Levy County Bus And Vehicle Collision
Â Â Â Â Â
A school bus and vehicle crash happened at 7:15 a.m. this morning at 79-11 SE U.S. 41 in Levy County, leaving a mother dead and a 6-month-old child taken to the hospital.
Â Â Â Â The unidentified woman rear-ended the bus with her silver SUV as the bus was either slowing down or stopped to pick up 2 students, according to Lt. Pat Riordan, Florida Highway Patrol.
The woman died instantaneously in the crash, and her daughter was taken to Shands Hospital at UF.
Â Â Â Â According to Levy County Schools Spokesman Patrick Wnek, the student who was boarding the bus at the time of the accident was treated on the scene for minor injuries.
The other 6 students who were on the bus are okay.
The students attend Williston Middle and High School and Superintendent Hastings has called for additional counselors to be provided at the schools.
Lanes are now open.
- Melrose Man Caused Three-vehicle Collision.
- New K-9 Vehicles For Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Stuff The Bus For Levy County School
- School Bus Beatdown, Levy County Driver Fired
- Serious Two Car Accident Might Have Involved a Third Vehicle
- 6-Vehicle Crash Leaves One Person Dead
- Deputies disciplined after armored vehicle investigation
- Man leads deputies on chase; drugs and child in vehicle
- Help needed identifying vehicle thieves
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie