Lighting in Dressing Rooms Boosts Sales
The study sheds some light on how retailers could make more money: Make customers look better in the dressing rooms. If the lighting is right... customers are more likely to walk out of the store with a new outfit.
A graduate student from UF did a study to earn her master's degree from UF... where 60 female shoppers ages 18 to 35 tried on clothes at Wolfgang, a boutique in Gainesville, and preferred frontal lights.
She says the dressing room is actually where the sale is made.
"You can really hate it or love it based on what's going on in the dressing room," Anne Baumstarck, said.
While other studies have examined the lighting on the sales floor... none have looked at the dressing rooms.
Baumstarck says lighting in dressing rooms is all about customers seeing themselves... and the brighter the outlook, the more positive the experience for both them and retailers.
- Committee is Proposing Changes to Alachua County's School Dress Code
- Alachua County School Board Will Vote on Dress Code
- Alachua County Dress Code Changes Approved
- Prom and Wedding Showcase Gives Away Donated Dresses
- Doggie Dress-Up... For A Good Cause
- School Dress Code
- Cross-Dressed Bandits
- Dress Rehearsal for Hoggetowne Medieval Faire
- Humane Society Gets Surgical Room
- Visitors Can Talk to Alachua County Jail Inmates from their Living Rooms