Watch Out for Jumping Fish
Sturgeon, which can grow
to more than 8 feet long and weigh up to 200 pounds, migrate into the
Suwannee River during March and April.
Officials say boaters
should reduce their speed along the river, which will give them more
time to react if they do encounter a jumping sturgeon.
unknown why sturgeon leap out of the water; last year, a 4-year-old
boy's arm was broken and his father was cut by one of the jumping fish.
For more information about the jumping sturgeon click here.
- The AP
- Watch Out For Package Snatchers
- Gators Fans Come Out To Watch Annual Spring Football Game
- Fish Fraud: Do You Know Where Your Fish Comes From?
- Injured Florida Skydiver Says He'll Jump Again
- Florida's Minimum Wage Jumps to $7.93 Per Hour in 2014
- Family of Inglis Man Killed After Jumping From Moving Car Remembers His Life
- Gas Prices Jump Again
- Gas Prices Jump 18 Cents
- Suspect Jumps Over Counter to Steal Prescription Pills
- 4/15/13 Fitzness Minute: Jump Roping