Woman Attacked in Haile Plantation
Â Â Â Officials say the two crimes aren't related.Â In fact, they are very different... but residents say they're still concerned.
Â Â Â Â On Sunday night... a woman was hit over the head by a man.Â She fell to her knees screaming, and he ran away.
Â Â Â Â In may of last year... a jogger was brutally beaten and sexually assaulted on the same path in Haile.
Â Â Â And that case is still under investigation.
Â Â Â Â "The lead detective... told me she'd processed more than 500 potential suspects in the sexual battery that occurred in 2008," Lt. Steve Maynard of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office said.
Â Â Â Â Officials say they are still following up on the leads they continue receive about last year's attack.
Â Â Â Â The suspect in last night's attack is described as Asian or Hispanic between 20 and 30 years old wearing light colored pants and shirt.
- Two Events in Reaction to Haile Plantation's Recent Attack
- Arrest In Haile Plantation Attack
- Haile Plantation Attack
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Driver Escapes after Haile Plantation Sinkhole Swallows Jeep
- Suspect Arrested in Haile Plantation Rape Case
- Water Being Wasted in Haile Plantation
- Haile Plantation Irrigation Plan Not Specific
- Haile Plantation Residents Get Answers