Controlled Burn Gets Out of Control
It started as a control burn, but it got out of control quickly. Division of Forestry officials say a North Central Florida fire that started Thursday afternoon spread across 150 acres, and as of Thursday evening, it was still not contained.
The fire is just East of Cedar Key. Officials say it was supposed to be a 40 acre control burn, but it spread because of the winds. A few homes were evacuated as a precautionary measure, but no one has been hurt. No buildings have been damaged either.
- Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
- Downtown Business Owners Say Homeless Problem is Out of Control- Who's To Blame?
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- 2 Bodies Found Inside Burned-out Car
- Fill Out Forms, Get A New Home For Free!
- DeCastro Hopes 8,000 Absentee Ballots Get Tossed Out
- How to Get Out of Debt
- UPDATE: Both Officers Tried to Get out of Columbia County House Fire
- John Lewis Keynote Speaker for Get Out the Vote Rally
- Pulled Over, Get Out In Alachua County