Fort White's Drinking Ordinance
Â Â Â Â Â Under Fort White's current city ordinance... any place that sells
alcohol has to be one thousand feet from a school or church.
Â Â Â The new ordinance would mirror the state law,and restaurants that sell alcohol would only have to be 500 feet away.Â Â Â
Â Â Â Â Some restaurant owners have offered to keep their alcohol sales
under 25 percent of all sales... even though the state law allows 49
percent...in hopes to pass the ordinance and boost the local economy.
Â Â Â Â "We feel that getting a little more sophisticated in our approach
to doing business would be good for the town in the long run because it
will continue to grow," Truett George, Mayor of Fort White, said.
Â Â Â Â The town council will have a meeting on May 11 to further discuss the ordinance.
- Fort White's Theme is to Compete
- Fort White's Justin Kortessis Signs with St Johns River for Baseball
- City's Underage Drinking Ordinance Gets Award
- Underage Drinking Ordinance Meets Resistance
- Underage Drinking Ordinance Passes
- Police Say Underage Drinking Ordinance is Working
- Proposed Ordinance Hopes To Cut Down On Underage Drinking
- Fort White Man Leads Deputies On A High Speed Chase
- Fort White Man Accused of Burglarizing Two Schools
- Students Teaching Sustainability at Fort White High School