NASA source tells TV20 spacewalk on Dec. 19 will be required to fix cooling problem on ISS.
Michael Bargo sentenced to death for the murder of Seath Jackson.
North Central Florida Horse Industry Suffers
Thoroughbred horse sales are down nationwide and down by half just in Ocala.
Mark Roberts is general manager over a horse farm called Adena Springs South that spans 4000 Acres.
"We're a commercial breeder, and we also race horses, so when sales are down, and the racing purses are down,we feel that," Roberts said.
In the last five months Roberts said he's been forced to lay off almost one fifth of his employees.
Representative Kurt Kelly is sponsoring a bill he says will change how prize money will be distributed when one's horse comes in first place in a race,or purse money.
The bill would give the thoroughbred industry more say in deciding what they want to do with purse money.
The industry, not state statute, will determine the appropriate prize for first, second, and third place winners whereas previously statute only awarded the purse for first place.
Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association say they would also like to see a thoroughbred race track in Ocala.
- Economy Having An Impact On North Central Florida's Horses
- Two Horses With North Central Florida Ties Lead Kentucky Derby Contenders
- OBS Brings Horse Racing World To North Central Florida's Doorstep
- Goldencents: Kentucky Derby Horse with Ties to North Central Florida
- Congress Criticizes Horse Racing Industry
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year