Phone Solicitation in Clay County
Residents in Clay County are complaining about phone solicitation.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office has received several calls recently from citizens complaining about rude and intimidating phone solicitors.
This is not the first incidence of phone solicitation. The Clay County Sheriff's Office says this happens twice a year, every year.
Residents say the recent phone solicitations are coming from people claiming to represent either the Police Benevolence Association or the Regional Fraternal Order of Police. They're claiming that donations directly benefit the resident's local law enforcement agency.
Many of the calls misrepresent the intended use of the funds and leave many citizens feeling pressured.
People receiving these phone calls are lead to believe the solicitor is affiliated with the local law enforcement agency, but that's actually not the case.
Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler say his home has been targeted as well, and he has been lied to about the intended use of the requested donation.
Sheriff Beseler recommends hanging up the phone if anyone uses high-pressure tactics to try to get money from you. He believes most Clay County residents can tell the difference between this type of solicitation and the actual grass-root level efforts used for local impact.
- Marion County Deputy Arrested for Soliciting Prostitution
- NTSB Rules in 2011 Helicopter Crash in Clay County
- Local Wildfires Keep Burn Ban in Effect: Clay County Blaze Now Burning
- Missing Clay County Man Found In Gainesville
- Clay County Deputy Killed
- Service for Clay County Sheriff's Detective
- Clay County Detective Funeral
- Road Closures in Clay County Due to Flooding
- Clay County Teenager Severely Injured in Storage Barn Shooting
- Prostitution Bust Sends 16 To Clay County Jail