There were thousands of pinwheels planted on the front lawn of North Florida Regional Medical Center early Saturday.
UF"s Family Law Society and the Alachua County Child Abuse Prevention Task Force hosted "winds of change" in recognition of abused and neglected children.
Cynthia Winter was planting hundreds of pinwheels. Each one represents a child who has been abused. She hopes that this will create some change in the community.
Last year alone, Alachua County had over 1,900 reported cases. Volunteers like Cynthia Winter say the numbers would be higher if more people reported these cases.
For more on this story please see video:
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- Gas Prices Lower
- Homicide at Southern Pine Apartments