UF College of Journalism may cut Documentary Institute
The University of Florida may lose an award-winning program.
UF President Bernie Machen has asked deans of individual colleges to look at cutting their budgets by 10 percent. For the College of Journalism and Mass Communications, that's almost a million-dollar cut.
Dean John Wright says the only options were to cut the college's doctoral program or the Documentary Institute. He's proposed cutting the Documentary Institute.
- Summer Journalism Institute Program
- Old prison May Soon be a Homeless Center
- Hispanic Students, Majority Enroll In College But Not Many Graduate
- Sequestration Cuts May Lead to Cancer Patients
- Property Tax Cut May Mean Less Money for Education
- Bus System May Cut Routes
- Students of Haitian Decent May Be Forced Out of College
- Bravo Trial Day 3: Journals, Letters & Sketchbooks Read In Court
- UF Journalism Organization Receives National Recognition
- Prison guards arrested