Anniversary of Haile Plantation Crime
Almost one year ago, a woman going for a morning run in Haile Plantation was attacked and raped.
Next Thursday marks the anniversary of the crime, and the culprit has not yet been found.
Today, Alachua County Sheriff's deputies called a meeting with the media to say they remain optimistic that an arrest will be made.
Stacks of folders contain most of the information investigators have gathered over the past year. Deputies say more than 500 leads have been investigated. These were prioritized and investigated based on the information they received.
A reward of $24,000 has been collected for an arrest in this case, and thousands of hours have been spent by detectives who continue to investigate the crime.
Deputies shared a message from the woman's husband, saying that she continues to emotionally and physically heal.
Gratitude also was expressed to the Haile Plantation community and the Alachua County Sheriff's Office for their continued dedication.
- One Year After Haile Plantation Jogger Rape
- Number of Car Burglaries Increase in Haile Plantation
- Haile Plantation Jewelry Store Robbed at Gunpoint
- Suspect Arrested in Haile Plantation Rape Case
- Driver Escapes after Haile Plantation Sinkhole Swallows Jeep
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Two Events in Reaction to Haile Plantation's Recent Attack
- Woman Attacked in Haile Plantation
- Arrest In Haile Plantation Attack