Baby Found in Box in Ocala
A newborn baby has been found in a box in Ocala.
Around 5:00 Saturday, Ocala Police officers were called to NW 24 Avenue and 17th Street. When they got to the scene the discovered a white female baby, between three and seven days old. She had been found by someone who said they drove by and saw the baby's hand sticking out of the top of a box. He called 911.
A diaper was also found, along with a blanket inside the QVC box. The child appears unharmed and in good health.
The baby in in the custody of the Department of Children's and Family
Ocala Police says it's looking for a suspicious suspect and vehicle that was in the area around 7:30 last night. The vehicle was described as a grey compact pickup truck with a white topper, driven by a white man.
If you have any ideas about this case please call the Ocala Police Department at: 352-369-7000.
Authorities are also asking us to reminded everyone that Florida allows for an unwanted newborn to be left at a hospital, fire station or other emergency medical service station without it being considered child neglect.
- Abandoned Baby found in Ocala
- Newborn Baby Abandoned In Miami Found By Searchers
- Official tout "Safe Havens" after baby found
- Baby Rescued From Kitchen Fire In Ocala
- Miracle Baby Clings to Life in Ocala
- Missing Ocala Boy Found
- Two People Found Dead In Ocala Apartment
- Fake Bomb Device Found At Ocala Movie Theater Belonged To UCF Student
- Ocala Man Who Disappeared From Assisted Living Facility Found Alive
- Deputies ID Woman's Body Found In Ocala National Forest