Best Kept Secret Blues Artist in Cross Creek
In a restaurant between Gainesville and Ocala is a man making crowds smile with the hum of his harmonica and the strum of the strings on his guitar.
Willie Green, a blues legend, plays at The Yearling Restaurant in Cross Creek, Fla.
Green plays music every week at the restaurant wowing crowds and owes his start to The Yearling Restaurant owner who discovered Willie playing the blues at O-Malley's Alley in downtown Ocala.
Green has played with blues greats from John Hammond to Tommy Castro to even once opening up for Eric Clapton.
“I love the crowd,” Green said. “And if I can't make them happy, I ain't happy.”
At 75 years old, Green is not stopping any time soon.
Green plays at Yearling every Thursday through Sunday.
- Cross Creek Tussock Update
- Cross Creek Volunteer Fire Department fundraiser to help buy new equipment
- Identities of Zimmerman Jurors Kept Secret
- Close Eye Kept on Enrollment Numbers
- Huuda Memorial Kept Alive by Strangers
- Local Artist Owns 3D Fluorescent Art Museum
- Winter Art Fair Offers Selection from Local Artists
- Local Artists Raise Money
- 30th Annual Art Festival at Thornebrook Features Local Artists, Restaurants
- Artists show off work at Spring Arts Festival