Body Found in St. Johns County
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office recovered a body a short time ago believed to be that of a missing swimmer from yesterday, according to sheriff's office spokesman Kevin Kelshaw.
A positive identification and cause of death will be determined following an autopsy by District Medical Examiner Dr. Terrence Steiner.
The body was located at 11:15 a.m. by a sheriff' office PSA (Public Service Assistant) who was patrolling the beach. The body came ashore near Butler Beach, just south of Mary Street.
The name of the 25-year old victim is still being withheld pending notifying a relative. We will release the name when notification is made.
TV20 will have more on this story this evening.
- Body of Palatka boy found in St. Johns River
- Body Found in Levy County has Been Identified
- Two Bodies Found Inside Apartment from Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Body Found, Believed To Be Andy Parrish
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Diver's Body Found
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Body of Missing Man Found in Bronson
- Body Found in Ocklawaha River in Search For Missing Man
- Columbia County deputies identify body found in car