Florida Lawmaker has Cancer
A longtime Florida lawmaker and former State Senate president says he has cancer.
Republican Sen. Jim King said on Saturday, he has pancreatic cancer that was diagnosed during a recent checkup.
A spokeswoman for Mr. King says he realizes the difficulty in treating the disease but that he plans to continue serving his Jacksonville constituency.
King served in the Florida House from 1986 to 1999 and has been in the Senate since. He was the Senate president from 2002 to 2004.
- Florida Lawmakers Approve A Ban on Texting While Driving
- Florida Lawmakers Make Moves to Restrict Use of Drones
- Florida Lawmakers Pursuing a Ban Against Smoking with Kids in the Car
- Florida lawmakers talk water pollution problems in Levy County
- Florida's Tech Connect Program has Helped Launch Over 150 Startups
- Lehman Has Little Affect On Florida State Investments
- Florida Lawmakers Push For Election Reform Bills
- Florida Lawmakers Giving Redistricting Another Try
- Lawmaker Warns of Florida University Quality Decline
- Florida Lawmaker Proposes Drug Tests for Politicians