"Gear Up Florida" Pedals Through Gainesville
Summer officially begins in less than a month, which typically means people will start heading out on summer road trips. While many of those trips will be for a little rest and relaxation, one group is gearing up for a good cause.
"Gear Up Florida" is an 800-mile cycling event across the state of Florida raising funds and awareness for people with disabilities. The team made its way into Gainesville on day 14 of their trip that began in Miami.
They pedaled 45 miles from Ocala. Their first stop was at the Arc of Alachua County, where they were greeted by dozens of fans eager to get an autograph.
"This is what it's really about when we're hanging out with these people," said Gear Up Florida cyclist David Goldman. "These people change our lives more than we probably affect them. They're incredible people."
The event wraps up on Saturday in Tallahassee. "Gear Up Florida" is just one of the summer events organized by "Push America."
- IFAS Researchers Enhancing the "Flavors of Florida"
- "Layaway Angels" Flying Through Gainesville
- Push America Gear Up Florida Campaign
- Gainesville man turns old fire gear into hot accesories
- Gearing Up For Florida Georgia
- "Lauren's Walk" Through Ocala
- Pedaling For Progress
- Tebow Sees Fans "Through My Eyes" In Gainesville
- Gainesville Children's Theatre, Singing Their Way Through The Community
- Gainesville Man Arrested For Luring Woman Through Craigslist Ad