Homeowner Surprises Would-be Robber
As the number of resdiential break-ins rise in parts of North Central Florida,one suspect apparently targeted the wrong place.
Deputies say 25 year old James Day broke into a Marion County home intending to steal.
He was confronted by homeowner Calvin Crews, who wasn't happy to see his former employee, in his home without his permission.
"If my family had been here, I'm telling you it would have been a completely different situation you would have had yellow ribbons around the property," says homeowner Calvin Crews.
Crews says he held Day at gunpoint until deputies arrived and arrested him.
Day told authorities he was there to ask for a job, but Crews says he found him with a 5 gallon jug of his coins.
Day faces charges of burglary and grand theft.
- Would-Be Robber caught by Sock Left Behind
- Police: Would-Be Robber Clinging to Life
- Would-be Robber Attempts to Enter Home Through Doggy Door
- Would-be robber shot by victim
- Sarasota Man Takes Down Would-Be Robber
- Would-be Burglar Killed By Police
- Deputies: Resident Thwarts Would-Be Car Thief With Keyless Device
- Lawmakers File Bill That Would Allow Guns on Campus
- Obama's Budget Would Eliminate NASA's Moon Mission
- Poe Springs Could Stop Flowing- No Swimming Would Be Allowed