National Safe Boating Week in Gainesville May 16
National Safe Boating Week starts in Gainesville when the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary will be conducting free Vessel Safety Checks at the Walmart store on NW 13th Street in Gainesville from 8am to 2 pm on May 16.
The USCGA Flotilla 15-5 will conduct vessel exams and award a USCGA decal for those passing the safety check.. Flotilla members will be available to answer any questions and offer suggestions to members of the public on boating safety as well as membership to the USCGA.
This years spokesperson for the USCGA is NFL great Dan Marino who has prerecorded numerous public service announcements with the Auxiliary.
The USCGA encourages boaters to wear life jacket, get a free vessel safety check; take an approved boating safety course; don't drink and drive on the boat;file a float plan before you leave the dock.
The USCGA is a nationwide volunteer organization dedicated to supporting and assisting the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Gainesville man burned in boat fire
- Gainesville Police Department Gives Kids Scary, but Safe Trick or Treating Alternative
- Operation Safe Gainesville
- Bike Licenses May be on the Way to Gainesville
- $3.3 Million Deficit, May Lead To Department Cutbacks For The City Of Gainesville
- Gainesville's Superfund Site May Grow
- Lack of Homebuyers for Federally Funded Homes May Cost Gainesville
- Long time Gainesville Restaurant May Close
- Gainesville Celebrates National Free Comic Book Day May 2.
- Gainesville Restaurant May Be Punished for Underage Drinking Violations