North Central Florida High Schoolers Remembered
Two years ago on Southwest 13th Street in Gainesville, a crash claimed the lives of two North Central Florida high school students. The car carrying Curtis Lee Hampton, Jr. and Dante Anderson was driving too fast, something one of the boys' fathers wants current students, and their parents, to know.
"Know where your kid's at," said Curtis Lee Hampton, Sr., "please try to keep a grip onto them because they can easily get away from you. And the thing about that - you never know."
For the past two years, Hampton, Sr. has gone to schools to tell his cautionary tale to students. He says the loss of his son has become easier to deal with over the years because of community support and prayer, but he'll continue to deliver his message of hope to North Central Florida students.
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- North Central Florida Remembers the Fallen
- North Central Florida remembers attorney Gloria Fletcher
- North Central Florida Community Remembers Pat Fitzpatrick
- Certain Counties in North Central Florida Have High STD Count
- North Central Florida Schools Rank High On FCAT
- High Pollen Count in North Central Florida Likely Due to Tree "Masting"
- Registering High Schoolers to Vote at Gainesville High School
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida