One Fewer Fast Food Joint - 400 Jobs Lost
Whataburger™ has announced the closing of 14 restaurants in North Central and Central Florida. The closures are planned for May 31, 2009. After that date, local residents will have to search elsewhere for the cure to late-night munchies.
Whataburger's corporate HQs says 400 people will lose their jobs. The chain, which started in Texas in 1950, has long been a regional favorite, recognizeable from highways by their eye-catching orange and white A-frame tin roofs.
Below are the Whataburger restaurants that are impacted by the recent closure announcement.
859 - 3351 West Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala, Florida
860 - 7300 Newberry Rd., Gainesville, Florida
863 - 2400 Southwest 19th Ave., Ocala, Florida
908 - 3545 W. University Ave., Gainesville, Florida
869 - 925 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, Florida
873 - 7727 University Blvd., Winter Park, Florida
881 - 16783 E. Colonial Dr., Orlando, Florida
885 - 5710 U.S. Hwy. 98 North, Lakeland, Florida
889 - 8841 Commodity Circle, Orlando, Florida
- Same Suspect in Two Fast Food Robberies
- Fire Damages Ocala Fast Food Restaurant
- Fast Food for the Homeless: EBT Pilot Program
- 400 New Jobs may be coming to Ocala
- American Fresh Farms Could bring 400 Jobs to Area
- Two Brothers Lost In One Big Family
- Fewer Strokes Mean Fewer Dollars For Area Golf Courses
- One Newberry Food Pantry May Close...Another May Open...But Will People Go Hungry?
- Creating Jobs through the Power of One
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit