Protecting Your Home while You're Away for the Holiday
Police say those people who target your belongings also know that holidays are when most North Central Florida residents go out of town, giving them the perfect opportunity to break in.
Police continue to give warnings to all neighborhoods about crimes involving burglaries, and on this busy holiday weekend where a lot of residents go out of town, now's the time to secure your stuff.
Lt. Keith Kameg says, "The number of burglaries always goes up around the holidays, and criminals know people leave town."
He suggests a neighborhood watch as a good place to start.
Before you leave for any holiday, make sure you let a neighbors know. This way, if they see something suspicious, they can call for help.
- You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
- Protect Your Home from Wildfires
- Holidays Away from Home for Gainesville Firefighters
- One Thing you Won't See in Downtown Ocala this Holiday Season
- Traveling During the Thanksgiving Holiday? Plan Ahead if Your're Coming Back Sunday
- What to Know if You're Considering Breast Reconstruction Surgery
- While You Were Sleeping...
- Be Careful What Door You Knock On While Trick Or Treating
- Protecting Your Pooch At The Park
- Protecting Your Plants From Frost