Super Stop Convenience Store Attempted Robbery
A scary ordeal indeed for a man who said he rarely has any problems at his store. But last night, was a totally different story, one he's happy to be here to tell. The surveillance video paints an image most store owners don't want to see happen. Especially, see happen to them. Friday night, Dharmen patel is face to face with a scary situation, but he doesn't back down.
Police say around 9:30 last night, robbers ran into the superstore located in the Pheonix neighborhood off southwest 31st place in Gainesville.
The sign clearly states no mask or hoodies, but this guy in the surveillance clearly ignores that, runs in the store, immediately puts a gun to Patel's face and demands money. Patel puts up a fight and the suspect pulls the trigger while the gun is pointed at his head. Surprisingly, it's not real, it's a bb gun but he says just the thought alone shook him.
Police say there's no right or wrong in this situation. Police tell clerks all the time to do what's appropriate to stay alive. As for patel, the wound on his head still hurts, but is a reminder of something that could have turned out much worse.
Police say they don't have a clear description of the suspects. They say they are looking for two to four men. Police say, if you have any information to call them.
- Another Arrest Made in Robbery of Ocala Convenience Store
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Convenience Store Robberies
- Lake City Armed Robbery at S & S Convenience Store
- Police Believe El Indio Robbery Connected to Three Attempted Robberies on Archer Road
- Store Clerk Survives Armed Robbery
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- Ocala store robbery turns fatal
- Third Arrest Made in Attempted Best Buy Robbery
- Police Review Camera Footage After Attempted Robbery on Santa Fe College Campus