Text Messaging in Three Regional Emergency Rooms.
Technology has been enlisted to help with wait times in the emergency rooms.
HCA hospitals such as West Marion Community Hospital, North Florida Regional Medical Center and Ocala regional Medical Center now post their wait times through text messages and their web sites.
Standard text messaging rates will still apply but Jean Paglia of Ocala says it might be worth it.
“If you can say you're going to the emergency room and they're telling you that there's going to be a 5 minute wait. I would say that would be great,” said Paglia.
The text messaging service is offered by HCA hospitals nation-wide.
- School District Unveils Text Message Emergency Contact System
- Unauthorized Text Message
- Best Buy Scam Targeting Holiday Shoppers Through Text Message
- Emergency Room Waiting Times
- Lighting in Dressing Rooms Boosts Sales
- Still Room in Homeless Shelters during Freezing Nights
- Humane Society Gets Surgical Room
- Florida Lawmakers Approve A Ban on Texting While Driving
- Syrian Activists Spreading Message
- Texting While Driving Ban Moves Forward