Boy Scout Camp Participants Arrested for Kidnapping
One adult and three juveniles were arrested Friday (June 12) for kidnapping a 12-year-old boy at Boy Scout Camp.
The victim was held against his will and forced to drink human urine at the camp, which was on Baden Powell Road in Hawthorne, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office release.
The four suspects who were arrested, including 21-year-old Joseph Wendell Reid, two 16-year-olds and one 15-year-old, were all attending Boy Scout Camp. They were all from Ocala.
The kidnapping was in retaliation to derogatory statements made by the victim earlier this week, according to the sheriff's office.
Reid was placed in Putnam County Jail without bond. The juveniles were turned over to the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Local Boy Scout Sends Care Packages to Troops Overseas
- Former Boy Scout Gives Away Kangaroo Cups
- Lake City BoyScout Works Toward World Record Food Drive
- 3-Year-Old Boy Almost Kidnapped By Sex Offender
- Kidnapped Boy Returned to Father
- Boy Scouts Vote On Gay Members
- Runners Participate In Five Points Of Life Marathon
- Hundreds Of Women Line Up To Participate In Football Clinic
- Ocala Drive-In Participates in Contest
- Reichert House Participants Put on a Horse Show at Madonna's Equestrian Academy