Investigators are looking into whether two large cargo thefts may be related.
It's a place where truck drivers go to fuel up- and load out.
But drivers who stopped at this pilot travel center in marion county and this petro weren't so lucky.
Theives got away with a trailer full of hay- valued at 10 thousand dollars.
The trucks themselves were said to be worth around 100 thousand dollars together.
Jenifer Fisher with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says,
"They hook up to it, and pull it away and when they get to an area where they feel they are safe to pull of and look inside then they find out if they've stolen water bottles, or MP3 players or vitamins."
Fisher says the thieves will most likely sell whatever they are able to steal.
- Officials: UPS Cargo Jet Crashes Killing 2
- Scooter Theft Around University of Florida Campus
- Identity Theft Ring Compromises UF&Shands Patient Records
- Man Arrested for Energy Theft
- Statewide Wage Theft Bill Fails, Paving the Way for Alachua County's Ordinance
- Wage Theft Bill Moves Past House Judiciary Panel
- Florida Ranked Number One in Identity Theft
- Four Wanted in WalMart Thefts
- Three Arrested for Grand Theft in Levy County
- Multi-State Retail Theft Crime Ring Bust in Marion County