There are now plans to move the Levy County Campus to a permanent location, north of Chiefland. The move can now happen largely because of a 2.5 million dollar donation made by Jack Wilkinson. Wilkinson has a strong belief in education and ties to his community.
Loyann Mann, who donated most of the land for the school with her husband Jack, she says she just found out about Wilkinson's donation today and says she is still in shock. Mr. Jack, as the locals refer to him, once made only $68 a month teaching. He later invested in property. "it just shows you what people can do when they've made their minds up to help." "it's going to be a nice move for education." Even though Mr. Jack wasn't able to make it to the meeting he was still the highlight of the day.
- CFCC Campus Plans to Permanently Move After Large Donation
- CFCC Faces Increased Enrollment, Under Staffing, And $1M Budget Cuts
- CFCC Budget Trimmed, No Job Losses
- Blood Banks Need Donations
- American Red Cross Seeking Donations For Victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Local Lifesouth Blood Centers Hoping For Increase In Donations
- Land Donation
- Ronald McDonald House Sees Decrease in Donations
- Columbia County Donation Scam
- Bradford County Donates Drug Money