Early Morning Fire Destroys Home Near Jonesville
A North Central Florida couple is left homeless after an early morning fire destroyed their home.
The home was destroyed by a fire that fire rescue officials said started with a bug zapper and quickly spread to the front porch and rest of the house. A neighbor called 911 around 3:30 a.m.
The couple was able to escape after their smoke detector went off. Firefighters contained the fire, but when friends stopped by the house around 11 a.m. they saw smoke and flames again and crews had to come back out.
Residents said they are planning some sort of fundraising this weekend.
"All the photos and all the pictures and all the memories. There it is right there," said Joe Young, a friend of the couple. "It's history, it's gone."
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Gainesville Home
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Gainesville Warehouse
- Fire Destroys Gainesville Home
- Fire Destroys Home in Fairbanks
- Fire Destroys Gainesville Mobile Home
- Apartment Fire Destroys Two Families Homes
- Fire Flares Up Twice, Destroys Home
- At Least 15 Homes Destroyed by Wildfire Near Denver
- Residents of Jonesville Could Lose Fire Station
- Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home