Free Teen Work-Outs
Gainesville Health and Fitness Center is offering free memberships to teens ages 13 to 17. Students can use the facilities during certain hours of the day and are assisted by employees.
A representative from the fitness center says membership is a good way to keep kids busy during a time when they would normally be in school.
"We know that exercise won't be a part of your life unless you make it a part of your daily ritual, your habit," the fitness representative said. "We are hoping that by offering this free teen membership program that we can help make exercise a part of their life."
Teen summer memberships are valid until Aug. 15 and sign-ups are open until that date.
- 4/1/13 Fitzness Minute: WORK-outs
- Free Teen Driver Improvement Classes in Levy County
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- Fill Out Forms, Get A New Home For Free!
- Health Department Giving Out Free Back-to-School Shots
- Alachua County Giving Out Free Flu Shots
- Tornadoes Keeping Some Out Of Work
- Longtime Merita Employees Out of Work as Hostess Stops Operations
- Fitzness Minute 6/10/13 Technology and Working Out
- Local Summer Program Hopes To Keep Teens Out Of Trouble