Gainesville Residents Voice Concerns at Cabot-Kopper Site Meeting
For neighbors of the Cabot- Koppers Superfund Site... the waiting is the hardest part.
Thursday they learned they will have to wait even longer for a solution.
At a meeting at Stephen Foster Elementary... officials with the EPA say they'll decide what to do after new soil samples are taken this week on and off the property, which could be around September.
In May, residents living near the Koppers site were given notices by the Alachua County Health Department, warning them of toxins in the soil off the Koppers property.
Now, they say they're waiting for new results... and new solutions.
The health department continues to warn residents to keep their children out of the soil and for everyone to wash their hands after being outside.
- Cabot-Koppers Clean-Up Concerns
- Cabot-Koppers Superfund Site Update
- Community Response to the EPA's Cabot-Koppers Clean Up Plan
- High Springs Residents Voice Concerns At Meeting
- Cabot Kopper Superfund Site
- Health Department Notifies Cabot- Kopper Site Neighbors About Health Risks
- Cabot Koppers Superfund Site "Open House"
- City and County Meet to Discuss Future of Koppers Superfund Site
- Residents Speak Out Against Koppers Superfund Site
- Residents Protest Koppers Superfund Site