High School Graduation Season Set to Begin
After four years of hard work, high school seniors across North Central Florida prepare to collect their diplomas at graduation. Some of the hard work that goes into the big day was well underway.
Linda Awbrey gets plenty of phone calls this time of year. The activities director at Gainesville High School is preparing for graduation. It's only a few days away and there's no shortage of visitors to her office.
"It gets a little hectic, the line can be nine, ten people at any given time," said Awbrey.
While Awbrey preps at GHS, another setup is beginning across town.
The University of Florida will host all of the Alachua County high school graduations, Including several at the O'Connell Center. Event staff will arrange the stage, seating, and other components for five graduations.
- Navy Dad Surprises Teen at High School Graduation
- Gainesville High School: Only National Honor Society Cords will be allowed at Graduation
- High School Graduation Rate Improves In Florida
- First Impressions: Gators Set To Begin 2011-2012 Basketball Season
- Trial of Pedro Bravo Set To Begin Monday
- $415M expansion for Gainesville hospital set to begin
- FCAT Testing Set to Begin
- Newberry High Grad Receives Graduation Surprise
- Seasonal Hiring Begins; Employment Expected To Grow
- Scallop season begins Saturday