People gathered in Lake Butler to remember a man, and name a road in his honor. CR-231 has been dedicated as "Officer Adam Sanderson Memorial Highway." In front of The Reception and Medical Center the sign was unveiled, followed by a prayer.
Sanderson was killed on March 6, 2009 by a man who came into his lane and hit the vehicle he was driving head-on. Donald Bazzel was trying to get away from a neighborhood after investigators say he stabbed a woman multiple times. He was also killed in the crash. The dedication means much more than just a sign on the road to the family. To them it was a reminder that tomorrow is never guaranteed. "As people drive by like I do they will appreciate the loved ones and family they still have here...it can be an everyday reminder and really make people look at their lives and look at the things they take for granted and how certain events can take it away."
- Gainesville Church Prepares for Dedication
- Wes Skiles Dedication
- Florida Innovation Hub Dedication
- Community Pays Homage To Legendary Leader With Building Dedication
- Road Dedication Honors Fallen Hero
- New GPD Building Dedicated to Officers Who Made A Difference
- Classical Concert Dedicated to Mothers
- New Fisher House Dedicated in Gainesville
- Horizon Students Have Bright Futures With Help From Dedicated Teacher
- Highway Dedicated To Fallen Soldier