The future of travel on I-75 is currently being considered by the Florida Department of Transportation. The portion of I-75 that is included in the plan runs from Micanopy to the border of Florida and Georgia. One proposal is to add a lane in both the North-Bound and South Bound Direction. The other part of the plan focuses on interchange alternatives. The alternatives could help with traffic flow on and off of the interstate.
"small projects that they can implement and get them into place in the near future that will help some of the hot spots around the corridor, and some of the congestion that is there today." -Jeff Bowen, Consultant Project Manager
Those who drive along I-75 will not see changes anytime soon. The project is currently unfunded, until the final plan is approved.
- Woman Hit by Truck on I-75 in North Fla.
- Several Children Injured In I-75 Crash Involving FHP Trooper
- FHP Trooper Struck, Injured on I-75
- Mass Motorcycle Accident On I-75
- Georgia Man, 26, Dies In I-75 Crash In Alachua County
- Semi-Truck Strikes, Kills Pedestrian On I-75
- Semi-Tanker Accident Temporarily Shuts Down I-75 In Columbia County
- Gas Tanker Catches Fire on I-75
- Five Injured After SUV Overturns On I-75 In Alachua County
- I-75 Shutdown Monday Afternoon