The future of travel on I-75 is currently being considered by the Florida Department of Transportation. The portion of I-75 that is included in the plan runs from Micanopy to the border of Florida and Georgia. One proposal is to add a lane in both the North-Bound and South Bound Direction. The other part of the plan focuses on interchange alternatives. The alternatives could help with traffic flow on and off of the interstate.
"small projects that they can implement and get them into place in the near future that will help some of the hot spots around the corridor, and some of the congestion that is there today." -Jeff Bowen, Consultant Project Manager
Those who drive along I-75 will not see changes anytime soon. The project is currently unfunded, until the final plan is approved.
- Several Children Injured In I-75 Crash Involving FHP Trooper
- Woman Hit by Truck on I-75 in North Fla.
- I-75 Accident Takes One More Life, Total Of Three
- I-75 Trooper Accident Update
- Second Victim In I-75 Accident Laid To Rest
- Third Victim Of Tragic I-75 Crash, Remembered
- Friends and Family of 1st Grader Killed on I-75 Speak Out
- Deadly crash kills two women on I-75
- SECOND CRASH ON I-75
- I-75 Reopens