Lake City Man Arrested for Sexual Battery on a Child
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) agents arrested Michael Duane McMillian, 29, of Lake City yesterday for capital sexual battery on a child under the age of 12, a capital felony.
Agents with FDLE's Florida Computer Crime Center received information that McMillian was in an online forum discussing his molestation of a child, according to the FDLE release.
Allegations were also made that McMillian was soliciting friendships with other individuals involved in the same type of activity. Based on this information, agents working in partnership with the FBI in Tallahassee and the Columbia County Sheriff's Office were able to trace the online activity to McMillian's residence in Lake City, Fla.
On Thursday (June 25), FDLE agents served a search warrant at McMillian's home and interviewed McMillian. Following the search warrant and interview, agents arrested McMillian and charged him with two counts of sexual battery on a child under the age of 12, according to the release.
A full forensic review of all the seized items will be conducted. Additional charges are pending the review.
McMillian was booked into the Columbia County Jail.
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Gainesville Man Arrested, Charged In 2009 Sexual Battery Incident
- Man Arrested for Sexually Assaulting a Child
- Sexual Battery on a Child
- Court Employee Arrested For Attempted Sexual Battery
- Suspect Arrested on Sexual Battery Warrant
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant Arrested for Armed Sexual Battery
- Bradford County Corrections Deputy Arrested For Sexual Battery Against A Minor
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Faces Sexual Battery Charges