Marion Oaks Community Hopes to Become City
Residents of Marion Oaks have been looking into the possibility of becoming incorporated since 2005.
Tonight (June 4), they went before county commissioners and state legislators in hopes to get approval to enter a bill before the legislative assembly that will allow citizens to vote whether or not they would like to become a city.
Supporters say they would like to see their tax dollars work for them instead of being disbursed throughout the county.
If incorporated, Marion Oaks would have a population of about 15,000 residents, which would make it the second largest city in Marion County.
- Marion Oaks Community Hopes to Become a City
- "We've Become Notorious... He's Hijacked the Image of our City," Gainesville Resident Speaks Out
- Old Army Reserve to Become City Park?
- 26 People Arrested In Marion Oaks
- Marion Oaks School Broken Into, Damaged
- Heritage Oaks Developer At Odds With City
- Developer, city officials battle over Heritage Oaks
- City Hopes Eyesore Will Turn Into Big Bucks For Area
- Community Search for Missing Marion County Man
- Lake City Community College Gets A New Name