Neighbors Want Homeowner to Clean Up
Neighbors say they've had enough and they want one family to clean up its act.
From the outside, it looks like a typical home, but its what's inside that has neighbors angry.
And it seems no one is doing anything in Levy County to fix what could be a dangerous problem.
"The power has been shut off, they've never made a payment on the house as far as we know so it's in foreclosure point and they just took off, left everything," says neighbor Lester Miller.
Two dogs which belonged to the homeowners were left to fend for themselves. The millers now feed them, but one dog wasn't so lucky. "One of the small dogs which was a chihuahua type, they locked it in the house and left and it was probably 9, 10 days. They come back and of course the dog was dead then."
According to the Millers, the dead dog is still in the house, the homeowners unwilling to move it. The millers say they've contacted Animal Control and the Levy County Sheriff's Office has stopped by, but the Millers say no enforcement has been taken. "Short of I guess the fact that the homeowner periodically answers their response to a note they leave on the door their hands are tied, they can't do anything," says Lester's wife, Diane.
The Millers tell TV20 they see the wife and her children come and go, but they haven't made any effort to clean up the house. "Not many people could do anything about it. The animal control said there was nothing they can do as long as the animals look healthy. As far as the dead dog inside, no one seems to want to do anything; they said it was up to the homeowners to clean it up and they won't clean it up."
TV20 contacted Levy County Animal Services and the Sheriff's Office. Animal Services is closed on the weekends, and we got no response from the Sheriff's Office. As for the homeowners, the Millers say the husband may be in California and the wife is in the hospital.
- Unexplained fire at cemetery, residents want city to clean it up
- Deadly Crash; Neighbors Want Answers.
- Rapist Wanted, Neighbors Take Notice
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors Near The Koppers Superfund Site
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Fla. Homeowner Fatally Shoots Invader
- Armed Burglar Enters House While Homeowners Were Inside
- Hotline Provides Help To Homeowners Facing Foreclosure
- Higher Property Values Means Homeowners Pay More to Schools
- Homeowner Surprises Would-be Robber