New Library and Neighborhood Resource Center Opens in Alachua County
After three months of building, a new state-of-the-art Library Partnership and Resource Center opened its doors Monday to the residents of Alachua County in the Northgate Shopping Center.
The Library Partnership and Neighborhood Resource Center is a collaboration between the library Partnership for Strong Families and DCF, and the resource is a one-stop shop.
The 7,500-square-foot center houses a media teen center, a children's room, reading area and resource center. It's a great concept for children to come and learn while parents get information from agencies like Choices, Head Start and United Way.
The library's main headquarters is located off University Avenue, but for parents and students who live on the east side of town, they say this is more convenient. Less driving saves gas money and gives them a chance to spend more time at the library.
The neighborhood resource center is open six days a week. Look for their official welcome-to-the-neighborhood kick-off party soon.
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Alachua County To Be One of Four Sites in the Country to Launch National Safety Resource Center... Online
- Splitting the Costs of School Resource Officers in Alachua County
- Alachua County Libraries Closed On Memorial Day
- Fire at Wood Resource Recovery Site Limits Visibility in Northwest Gainesville
- String of Burglaries in One Alachua County Neighborhood May be Connected
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Law Library Moves to New Location and New Managment
- City Of Alachua Opens Multi-Million Doors To New Police Department by Stacey Samuel
- Alachua County Residents Can Now Text 911