New Library and Neighborhood Resource Center Opens in Alachua County
After three months of building, a new state-of-the-art Library Partnership and Resource Center opened its doors Monday to the residents of Alachua County in the Northgate Shopping Center.
The Library Partnership and Neighborhood Resource Center is a collaboration between the library Partnership for Strong Families and DCF, and the resource is a one-stop shop.
The 7,500-square-foot center houses a media teen center, a children's room, reading area and resource center. It's a great concept for children to come and learn while parents get information from agencies like Choices, Head Start and United Way.
The library's main headquarters is located off University Avenue, but for parents and students who live on the east side of town, they say this is more convenient. Less driving saves gas money and gives them a chance to spend more time at the library.
The neighborhood resource center is open six days a week. Look for their official welcome-to-the-neighborhood kick-off party soon.
- New Resource Center serving the Tri-County area
- New technology identifying faces in Alachua county cold cases
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Funding for Alachua County school resource deputies
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Fire at Wood Resource Recovery Site Limits Visibility in Northwest Gainesville
- GREC loses suit against Wood Resource Recovery
- Alachua County offers free health care center for employees
- Library Headquarters opens time capsule for 25th anniversary
- Alachua Co. Fire Rescue opens new station in Hawthorne