Santa Fe College President Putting Students and Employees First During Budget Process
In the last workshop before budget recommendations are approved, Santa Fe College's president made sure to emphasize he'd keep fighting for students and employees.
President Jackson Sasser said that he and his administration prepared the budget with its priorities in mind. The top two being student access and employees.
Sasser also addressed the recent veto by Governor Charlie Crist of a transportation fee. Under the proposal, new bus routes would have been added and RTS would extend the hours of service.
There was also some good new for SFC employees. Sasser will recommend that the school continue to pay 100 percent of employee health benefits.
" We started in November building this budget with information from all employees," said Sasser. "I'm really pleased where we are right now actually."
Santa Fe's board of trustees meeting takes place Tuesday afternoon at 4 p.m.
- Nick Cheronis Named First Head Coach of Santa Fe College Volleyball
- Santa Fe Student Government works with steady budget
- UF Scholarship for First Generation College Students Gets Coaches Support
- Santa Fe College Dealing With Student's Kidnapping
- Santa Fe College Students Get a Ticket to Ride...
- Santa Fe Community College students receive scholarships
- Alachua County Commissioners Figure Out Budget Cut Process
- Employees Support Sheriff Blair's Budget Request
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts, Pt. 2