Tent City Double Stabbing
He's a convicted murderer who's already served more than 40 years behind bars. Now he's suspected of stabbing two men who were left in critical condition.
64 year old Kenneth Griffin - a man who has already been convicted in 2 murder cases - is suspected of stabbing two men late Tuesday night. Police say it happened in Tent City in South Gainesville, part of which had been cleared by police two years ago. Since then, most Tent City residents have come back to the location and police say the area has become increasingly violent recently with more drugs, violence, theft, and criminals.
"It's like another world within the city of Gainesville," said Lt. Keith Kameg, "and unfortunately - like all criminals do - they will prey upon whoever is closest and too often our homeless individuals are the ones preyed upon most because they're the ones who can least help themselves."
Police say they plan to increase patrols around the Tent City area. The two stabbing victims, William Josey and Ronnie Brannock - sustained what police call life threatening injuries.
- Ocala city Council Not Ready to Vote on Proposed Tent City
- City will vote on cleaning up Tent City
- Tent City Residents May Be Stuck Finding New Homes
- Tent City Residents Being Evicted
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City
- Eviction Day for Tent City On The Horizon
- Tent City Cats Up For Adoption
- A Solution to Tent City?
- Tent City Comeback?
- Tent City Aftermath Part I