Tent City Residents Forced to Move
Most of the tents are gone, but the remnants are easy to spot.
Gainesville police went to Tent City this morning (June 11) to make sure people were leaving. They found that most of the residents were gone.
Because of a recent rise in violence in Tent City, the landowner asked Gainesville police to enforce trespassing laws. That didn't sit well with many. Some protested, and others packed what they could.
There weren't many officers patrolling the area, and they gave people time to pack their belongings even after the 9 a.m. deadline.
Officials say they're not worried about making arrests. They're worried about safety.
Many of the residents of Tent City moved farther back into the woods of South Gainesville. Others have scattered to different parts of town.
- Residents of Tent City Forced to Move
- Update: Tent City Residents Forced to Move...Again
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City
- Tent City Residents May Be Stuck Finding New Homes
- Tent City Residents Being Evicted
- Ocala city Council Not Ready to Vote on Proposed Tent City
- Eviction Day for Tent City On The Horizon
- Tent City Cats Up For Adoption
- A Solution to Tent City?
- Tent City Comeback?