Update: Second Day of Okpara Nelson Trial
The state called witness after witness, and they all answered questions about that night and day after the shooting that tragically ended the life of Andrew Arosemena.
Arosemena was shot and killed in the early hours of the morning following the UF/FSU game Nov. 25, 2007.
Andrew yelled for the two men who were blocking traffic to move, and that's when police say Nelson walked up to the car and shot Andrew dead. The medical examiner explained how the gunshot wound was fatal and even showed pictures of the deceased.
The state also played back phone calls that Nelson made to others from the jail, telling them not to talk.
The shooting took place at the parking garage located off Southwest Second Avenue. There are surveillance cameras inside, but none caught the incident.
But other cameras in the stairwell picked up these images, images police say fit the descriptions of Antwan Maye and the accused shooter, Okpara Nelson, moments after the shooting.
The defense wants to be able to put Nelson on the stand in the coming days.
- Who is Okpara Nelson?
- Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Breakdown of Second Phase of Questioning
- Zimmerman Trial Day 7: State Tries to Prove Key Elements of Second Degree Murder Charge
- Update: Tent City Residents Forced to Move...Again
- Update: Tim Goldfarb Addresses the Future of Shands
- Swine Flu Update: Two More Deaths Confirmed
- Swine Flu Update: A Total of 31 Deaths in Florida
- UPDATE: Homeowner Describes Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- UPDATE: Pilot Seriously Injured In Small Plane Crash