US 441 Resurfacing
An open house held by representatives from the Florida Department of Transportation was held to discuss plans and answer questions about the resurfacing. According to Laurie Windham, the project will include work that expands beyond the road. "Replacing damaged sidewalks, bringing those sidewalk ramps up to wheelchair accessible and A-D-A requirements, and also resurfacing and making for a smoother ride."
The Manager at Coffee Culture, Michael Purcell, thinks the project will effect his business. "To get out of the drive-thru, which is the majority of our revenue, you would have to battle back across the construction to get back north-bound to get through."
The lane closures will take place between 9:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M., in an attempt to be the least disruptive possible. -Brittany Scheck, Contributing Reporter
- Two-Vehicle Crash on Hwy 441; Authorities Still Searching for Driver
- UPDATE: Debris Fire Continues to Burn, Smoke on 441
- Laser Resurfacing
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets