The Young Achievers foundation is a non-profit organization that was developed to encourage disadvantaged children and teens to succeed. Students from Rawlings and Lake Forest Elementary Schools learned "hands-on" what it's like to be a business professional. The goal of the event is to help the children connect what they are learning in the classroom to its use in the real world.
According to Executive Director, Bryant Adibe, "I'm hoping to inspire them and encourage them despite the many challenges that they face." An after-school program is now in the works that would provide one-on-one tutoring to those who may not be able to afford it otherwise.
- Florida Board of Education Passes 6 Year Achievement Plan
- Setting Goals, Achieving Success
- Fifth Grade Graduate Overcomes Obstacles, Achieves Success
- ACA Deadline Nears, Young Adults Hesitate to Sign Up
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Young First Responders Compete Against Each Other in State Leadership Conference
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Young Heart Disease and Transplant Survivors Come Together at Picnic
- Local Young Woman Battling Cystic Fibrosis Is On A Quest To Raise Awareness
- Never Too Young To Learn How To Swim