18-Year-Old Suspect is Tased, Arrested After Attacking Police
Lake City police officers responded Thursday afternoon to the Meridian Behavioral Health Facility, 439 S.W. Michigan St., in reference to a physical altercation in progress.
Upon arrival, officers observed Meridian staff personnel holding down a very combative patient, according to the Lake City Police Department.
The patient was identified as Marques Devon Smith, 18, and Meridian staff stated that Smith had attacked a staff member by hitting him in the face.
Smith's mother advised she brought her son to Meridian because he was acting strangely for two days. While being evaluated, Marques spit on one officer and kicked another in the chest, according to police.
Officer Elijah Serrano had to Tase Marques to gain control of him, and Marques was transported to the Lake City Medical Center for medical treatment.
Due to the fact that Marques was having some medical issues, he was not arrested, but charges will be filed through the State’s Attorney Office.
One Meridian staff member was transported to the hospital for minor injuries he received when Marques hit him, and no police officer was injured.
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers
- 18-Year-Old Shot and Killed in Suwannee
- Man with BB Gun Tased, Arrested
- UF Football Player Tased, Arrested
- Pit Bulls Attack 91-Year-Old Man
- 96-Year-Old Woman Brutally Attacked Still Alive
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- 2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
- 14-Year-Old Arrested on Burglary Charges
- Man Arrested for Prostituting 14-year-old Girl