AARP Holds Town Forum Meeting in Gainesville
With one of the largest populations of senior citizens in the country, the health care reform debate is important to a lot of people in Florida.
Which led members of AARP, both Democrats and Republicans, to join together at the Rodeway Inn in Gainesville in for an educational forum yesterday, which ended up getting heated.
The meeting had a panel of expert speakers, including University of Florida Professor Paul Doering and Dr. Samuel Myrick from the Community Cancer Center of North Florida.
Their presentations included information on heated topics such as prescription drug prices.
Members were able to ask questions after the presentation which led to a heated forum.
Lori Perham is the state director for AARP, she says there needs to be a change in the health care system.
"We do believe the health reform needs to happen this year and so we are trying to educate the public and also bring feedback from Floridians back to Washington so that their voices are heard."
AARP will continue to hold meetings like these around the state.
If you'd like more information on where you can find the next meeting in Florida simply go to www.aarp.org/fl.
- Gainesville P.D. Holds Meeting
- Gainesville Holds Biomass Q & A at RUC Meeting
- Rep. Ted Yoho Talks About Key Issues At A Town Hall Forum
- League of Women Voters hold Candidates' forum
- Senator Tackles Local and Global Issues at Town Hall Meeting
- Postal Service Town Meeting
- Ted Yoho visits Newberry for first town hall meeting of the year
- Troop Pullout Discussion at Town Hall Meeting
- Town Hall Meeting
- Town hall meeting to address poverty in Alachua County